Green School, Bali is a progressive, dynamic and wall-less PreK-12 non-profit school, located in the lush jungle of Bali, Indonesia. If you are an experienced, qualified Communications person who is passionate about sustainability and education, please read below to discover current vacancies and opportunities. Potential candidates are invited to apply directly online. This is an exciting role in a fast-paced yet collaborative working environment.
As part of the Marketing & Communications team at Green School Bali, you will work closely towards executing our Strategic Plan and Marketing & Communications programs.
Is This You?
Creative, passionate, a professional yet roll-up-your sleeves Communications professional and activator. You thrive in a multicultural, fast-paced environment and are adaptable, resilient, collaborative, professional and able to work both independently on projects but as part of a team.
You are ideally passionate about sustainability and education; and committed to lifelong learning.
- You are adaptable and resilient (key skills to thrive at Green School)
- You pay attention to the details understanding that crossing the t’s and dotting the I’s is the difference between good communications and great communications
- You are a clear communicator. You have top-notch written skills in both English and Bahasa Indonesia. You have great presentation skills
- You are digitally proficient. Microsoft Office or Google Docs is necessary. Working quickly with technology does not phase you. Knowledge of tools such as Photoshop, adobe premiere, canva is a plus and executing creative ideas comes easy to you.
- You are proactive and take initiative not shying away from learning new things and taking on new challenges. You know how to liaise and connect with other departments. You also know when to check-in on high profile things.
- You have experience managing multiple media platforms and managing engagement online. Social-media savvy knowing the latest trends in Social Media.
- You have a Bachelor's or Masters degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, Media or related field)
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in Communications (or equivalent).
- You are a strategic thinker able to input on ideas for improvement around Communications in alignment with the school’s goals and priorities.
Experience in working with an international target audience strongly preferred.
- Directly leading all public relations, both proactively and reactively.
- Manage and execute Green School’s content and social media strategy (direct & indirect), implementation and responses. Assists with social media advertising placements.
- Responsible for implementation of internal and external communication strategies. Ensuring all the school news and events are communicated internally and externally (where necessary).
- The current timing creates a manageable balance to the different audiences which include Faculty, School Management & Board, Parent, Partner Organizations and Rest of World. These include:
- Weekly Internal Newsletters and internal Blogs
- External Bamboo News
- Daily Social Media
- Website updates: Monthly +immediate for special needs
- Email Announcements (special needs)
- Other support which may include school calendar, yearbook, parent association/ intranet/ portal, and key student activities (such as Green Stone, Quest, etc.)
- Monthly reporting of all metrics associated with media, social media and communications.
- Assistance on special projects as assigned by the marketing & communications leadership team.
To be considered for this post, it’s really important to demonstrate:
- Your creativity and presentation skills - send us a Youtube Video (in a private link) so we can get to know you better.
- Include with your online application and resume an example of a communications activity or project you were part of (this can be when you interned, when you were a volunteer, etc). Just show us how you would thrive here at Green School.
Our Application Process is As Collaborative & Unique as our Working Environment
We also strive to conduct an inclusive process that involves many stakeholders, which reflects our commitment to operate as a collaborative community. This process is a journey, much like teaching and working here. During this hiring process, we hope that successful applicants learn as much about us as we learn about them.